Storm approaching

“Storm Approaching”, pastel on board

Watching storms approach the coast fills me with a sense of quiet alarm, knowing that something wild and fierce will be upon us soon. Apprehension turns to delight as I race the storm front home, just making it through the front door as the first fat raindrops strike. Then it’s a cosy feeling of safe snugness as I settle in with a mug of something hot, watching sheets of rain batter against my window.

Wishing you all a cosy weekend ahead!

Similar Posts:

9 comments:

1. Beau T, 15. September 2012, 5:57

Brilliant work. I love the patch of regular sky vs storm clouds. I tried pastel at one stage but obviously there is a special technique because your stuff is amazing and my stuff, well it was more like powder smeared on a board lol

2. Kel, 15. September 2012, 8:01

Cindy, it’s such a delight to follow your process through a painting
    thanks for sharing it

3. Karen Hull, 15. September 2012, 9:44

This is stunning Cindy – and loved seeing the progress shots too – fabulous!!! :)

4. Bren, 16. September 2012, 0:38

Love this piece, you really captured that breathless feeling of approaching storm clouds. Seeing how you develop a painting is always fascinating to me.

5. Rita McGregor (soulcomfort), 16. September 2012, 9:48

OMGosh! I love the contrast of the blue of the storm and the blue of the sea…and then the light sand. This is beautiful!! :)

6. Kathleen, 17. September 2012, 2:06

Very beautiful Cindy and interesting to see the step by step progress. What kind of pastels do you use? I know nothing about them but love seeing your work and that of your students.

7. diane, 17. September 2012, 10:52

Not only an artist but a writer too.

8. Cindy, 20. September 2012, 22:31

Thank you all – I’ll be out there with the camera late tomorrow when a major storm system hits the coast. Maybe.

9. Andrija Kvaich, 25. September 2012, 22:59

love it love it! you were in the same theme as me with the storm stuff if you saw my lost at sea piece that i recently did..it takes some summing up to conjure that feeling and put that feeling onto canvas, you have done well to achieve that :)

Write a comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. If this is the first comment you have left, your comment will be held in moderation for approval so you may not see it immediately. Once your first comment is approved, all future comments should appear immediately. You can choose to receive any further comments by email. Simply tick Notify me of followup comments via e-mail.